Blog Archive

Sunday 1 January 2012

The First Project- J&B’s Wedding

The First Project- J&B’s Wedding

Wanna know how it all began? Well..back in October 2010, my Lovely friend Jodie got engaged to her boyfriend Ben. They quickly set a date of 4th August 2012 and asked me to be one of there Bridesmaids (amazing as I had never been one before!) As friends do, we started trawling wedding blogs( especially rockmywedding! ) and found beautiful inspiration from the real weddings which had been posted there. It was when we were looking here when we got the “bunting” idea from. I offered my services and thought “well ive got around 18 months to make as much bunting as I can” so I put it on the back burner and kinda forgot about it (oops!)
One morning in May 2011, Jodie walked into work and announced that she had moved her wedding forward, to October that year! This meant I had 5 months to start the bunting! So with the help of Luke’s Auntie (who kindly lent me her sewing machine) and started Sewing!
In the end we made over 50 metres of bunting, and a few other bits too…

A ring cushion


Wrapped lots and lots of Jam Jars with ribbons and pretty purple material

Mini cake flags for the cupcakes

Mini bunting for the Edwards’s post box




And...Lots of pretty bunting<3

Over all this is when the creative bug really hit me, and is the first time I actually thought “this is what I eventually want to do as my job”. My ideal dream is to do this full time and make beautiful bunting and other handmade items for weddings/parties/gifts etc.

Maybe 2012 will be the year I finally achieve it? Who knows? Although im not too sure that Luke would be happy if I said im quitting my job to be a full time sewer! Dad did always say follow your dreams, this time I may just do it…

No comments:

Post a Comment